Tuesday 18 October 2011

Fire on the Mountain: Painfully Slow = 96 bpm

Here's my first shot at this week's tune of the week. I'm taking some advice and forcing myself to slow it down, learn it to speed, and then take it up by increments. I completely missed out on the "C" part turnaround at the end of the B part (that's "picking" jargon for "I forgot part of the tune). I just thought that the tab I was reading had added a finishing lick for the tune.  This is what usually happens: I want to learn it so bad and get to the finished product that I hardly take the time to learn it right.  I believe I've made similar confessions.  






Even now I can see some technique that I'd like to revise, specifically in my right hand.  That wrist just needs to get more of the Del McCoury "wet dish rag" effect in it.  Loosey-goosey business.


I'm going to do my level best to shoot a new video every day to the end of the week, speeding it up as I go.  Hopefully I can even rope my sister into playing some rhythm for it on Thursday.    

I'm looking forward to speeding it up. I didn't make 96 bpm sound very musical at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment